Datocracy: Semantics into Syntax
How do we scale our best ideals beyond our personal limitations?
- Elinor Ostrom “non-tragedy-commons” and Governing the Commons
- bitcoin-paves-a-way-for-evolution-of-the-species and neal-stephenson
- history-of-the-stock-market and history of money
- The_Cathedral_and_the_Bazaar and richard-stallman-epstein-scandal
- International Standard (History) and List_of_technical_standard_organizations
- Overview of ITU's History
- benefits and pitfalls to the startup model of ‘scratching your own itch’.
An ordered list of Hard Things, for next week:
- Developing a shared semantic understanding within a local context
- Encoding those semantics in a syntactic system that functions in that context
- Scaling that to other contexts -- especially via bottom-up voluntary adoption
- Honoring the original intent without becoming limited by it