Datocracy: Forking Culture
Can we create a culture that is easy to fork while still preserving a culture of forking?
- Memes are transmitted via imitation (mimesis/memesis)
- Enables/requires consumers to become producers (cf editing Wikipedia)
- Solves the Datocrat's Conundrum (sticky semantics)
- The most generative system (reproduction + diversity) wins
- Masnick's Impossibility Theorem: Content Moderation At Scale Is Impossible To Do Well
- No more silent failures!
- Well-formed (syntax)
- "The most reliable system [longest history] is also the most maladaptive."
- Cardano cryptocurrency
For next week:
- Machine-assisted context reconciliation (cf reconciling schemas)
- Constitution as syntax: what is the constitution of Datopolis?
- cf RTFM: The Revolutionary Transparency Manifesto